Monday, December 11, 2017

"No Option" best of Post Malone's inconsistent Stoney

By Liana

In Post Malone’s album, Stoney, there are only a few good songs- in my opinion. The album was released on December 9th of 2016, almost a year ago. It features songs such as “”No Option,” “White Iverson,” “I Fall Apart,” “Congratulations,” and “Go Flex.” These are my personal favorites out of the fourteen-song album.

My first favorite song is “No Option.” Although I just recently discovered it, out of the rest of the album, this one really impressed me. The tune is very catchy, it is one you find yourself humming throughout the day. Malone’s vocals in this song compared to his other songs is also catchy. He is a little higher-pitched, but also hitting low and drawn our notes, the word “Rolex” is a perfect example. When he gets to the slow and melodic part of the song, the tone changes and the song becomes calm before launching back into the upbeat chorus.

Another one of his songs is "White Iverson.” This song has a very melodic beat that is easy to get lost in. His voice is very slow and calming. Although, I have to admit, the opening lyrics to this song are pretty dumb. The tempo increases but the background music continues with the slower beat. In my opinion, this is the least favorite of all the songs listed above, it is too repetitive. I have a habit of zoning out when I listen to this song, therefore, it is not recommended when you are driving, especially alone.

A song I relate to on a personal level is "I Fall Apart". I have been through my fair share of broken hearts. I can relate to the lyrics of this song simply because they are emotions I have felt. I have felt completely disregarded by the people that I thought loved me. This song has a heartfelt tone to it that leaves you either emotional or really thinking.

"Congratulations", in my opinion, is the most popular song of this whole album. It was the first song I heard, and it’s such a motivational song, it’s hard to not listen to. Everytime I listen to this song I get the inspiration to actually get stuff done, to be successful. This song is so popular, there is a high school with a senior class quoting this song. The song is about self-achievement and moving forward and making progress with your life. Now-a-days. Most songs are about women, sex, and money, it’s rare to find such an inspirational rap song.

Lastly, there is “Go Flex". I would say this is the second most popular off this album. It has a very calm tone but at the same time, the lyrics are very hyphy. This song is an easy song to relax and chill to, once the bass is added, it becomes a more upbeat tune but with the same relaxing flow. This song isn’t necessarily motivational or influential like “Congratulations”, but more of a song you can relax and sing along to. There is not a variety of lyrics, it sticks to the main bridge, beginning with “knowing all of this just don’t make a difference.” This song is easily a kickback song. A group of people can all get together and as a group sing along to create a happy memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment